2016 is definitely a year to remember. It was a roller coaster ride, lots of ups and downs. I could still recall the moment when we almost gave up and just wanted to pack our things and leave. After a year, thank God we kept strong.
Before we fly back to Yangon and go back to work, here’s a recap to our best moments of 2016.
- We welcomed New Year’s Eve by traveling in Phuket! And besides from Thailand, we were able to go around Myanmar. We’ve seen Mandalay, Inle, Pyin Oo Lwin, Bagan, Mount Poppa, Mawlamyaine, Taunggyi, Sagaing and Lashio.(By the way, there’s more places to visit!) It was also great to see Laos, Bangkok (walang kupas) and Malaysia (Penang,Melaka and Kuala Lumpur).
- I never thought that I’ll be able to do 3 successful collections for OOTDMYANMARSTORE. It was a pain in the ass because I was doing almost everything! Since it was my baby, I wanted to be ‘hands on’. So again, big thanks to everyone who helped me and supported the products!
- We completed a 3 month-program of Myanmar Language in Yangon University. Waking up as early as 630 to attend the class was worth it. Why? I’ve learned so much. A proof to that is when our families went to Myanmar, it was somehow easy for us to go around.
- Some of our films were shown in Cinemalaya, Human Rights Film Festival and at the 60th Bilateral Anniversary of Philippines–Myanmar. By the way, our documentary won in Gawad Alternatibo.
- We helped atleast 60+ students graduate for the year. I may not be a teacher, but seeing the students of Dennis being successful with their chosen field makes me happy. Because somehow I know that I have heped them.
- E-dyaryo, an online newsletter Dennis initiated already turned 1.
- I was lucky enough to gain new friends (Sir Orlen, Ms. Girlie, Ms. Beth, Luis, Mandi, Sir Roland, Sir Phil, Jose, Ko Michael, Pinoy Dubbers (David, Vhong and Raymond) and my brother’s girlfriend — Cat.
- I got my H&MxKenzo pieces. Thanks to Luigi and Cat!
- My mother had a successful operation!
- Dennis’ condition was detected earlier. Yes, he has DM and Hypertension. But I would never get tired taking care of him.
- Finally our families saw Myanmar.
- I started my VLOG! Please subscribe to my channel!
Photos Credits to J.Dennis, Luigi and me.