Social media has been taking over my life for the past 5 years. Whether it is personal or work related – – – it eats my time! Believe it or not, I spend at least 3-5 hours a day, updating my social medias, getting inspirations, doing my office work and answering emails.
I have to admit, it drains me so much! So when I had the opportunity to spend quality time with my family I opted to skip the social media.
I have to say — it was worth it! It was a great 3 days break. Why? I was able to spend time with my family without looking at my phone and having the urge to post.
Nothing really changed.
- My father still wanted to cook breakfast like he always does. There was even a point that he over cooked and alarm went on in the condo where my siblings were renting. Thank God, they waved the penalty.
- We still farted in front of each other as we shared stories. We were still obviously comfortable with each other.
- We still laughed at my father, as he gets drunk ahead of us and do some funny things.
- We never had second thoughts in treating each other. Money wasn’t really an issue for us despite its limitation.
- Christ was still in the center of our lives.
Being away with your family entails a lot of sacrifice. But when you have the opportunity to spend time with them — do it! Remember that your parents aren’t getting younger.
Work. Pause. Live.